Carissa was born in a small town in Nebraska before relocating as a young child to Wellington, Ks. She grew up in Wellington and after graduating from dental school she moved back to stay close to family.
In 2000, she partnered in her father’s dental practices in Wellington and Anthony. Over the years, Dr. Gill began to focus and narrow her dental skills in specific areas such as implant surgery, braces and TMD therapy. She added her skills to Gentility Dental in Wichita in 2013. The existing dentist, Dr. Heidebrecht, soon retired from the field leaving her with a Wichita location in addition to the Wellington and Anthony locations.
Dr. Gill has been married for over 18 years to Wellington native and Chiropractor, Chad Gill. They met through family friends who set them up to play with each other in a couples’ golf tournament. They continue to golf together as well as play coed volleyball and softball. They have 3 teenaged children who are growing quickly and soon will start college. In the fall, they spend their Friday nights rooting for the Wellington football team. Saturdays are spent debating over Nebraska vs Kansas State football. And Sundays are reserved for watching the Kansas City Chiefs. When winter comes, they enjoy binge watching Netflix and cheering for the high school basketball team as well as the WSU Shockers. Picking up on his parent’s love of golf, their middle son, has become a competitive golfer. As if this doesn’t keep the family busy enough, their youngest is a teenaged girl who manages to always keep them on the move and on their toes. Dr. Gill enjoys taking her kids to musicals, shows and plays and is a passionate fan of the arts.
Dr. Gill is an avid reader and is always looking for good book recommendations!
- Board Certified Doctor of Dental Surgery in Kansas since 2000
- Implant placement, implant related bone and sinus surgeries, implant restoration
- Orthodontics (traditional and Invisalign)
- TMD therapy and Neuromuscular dentistry
- Neuromuscular TMD/Craniofacial Pain treatment
Education & Associations:
University of Missouri at Kansas City
- Accepted into BA/DDS Accelerated Dental Program
- Graduated May 2000
Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Received Fellowship in July 2011
Advanced Implant Education Program
- Completed in 2014 at Alabama Implant Education, LLC
Comprehensive Implant Residency Program (CIRP)
- Completed in 2015 at McCracken Implant Education
- Certification received in 2002
Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI)
Completed Neuromuscular TMD continuum
- Advanced Functional Dentistry
- Orthotic Maintenance, Adjustment and Essential Aesthetic Reconstructive Techniques
- Mastering Dynamic Adhesion in Complex Reconstructive Cases
- Advanced Principles, Case Stabilization and Bite Transfer
- Comprehensive Aesthetic Occlusal Reconstruction
- Coronoplasty and Case Finishing
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
Completed Neuromuscular Orthodontic continuum
- Neuromuscular Pediatric Orthodontics
- Advanced Neuromuscular Orthodontic Diagnosis
- Introduction to Neuromuscular Orthodontic Mechanics
- Advanced Neuromuscular Orthodontic Mechanics
Computer-Aided Occlusal Evaluation System
International Academy of Comprehensive Aesthetics
- Dentists committed to furthering their education and advancing the profession.
International Association for Orthodontics
- A progressive and dynamic organization of dentists that provide orthodontic care to patients
The International College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics
- A society of health care professionals who have a common interest in the anatomy and physiology of occlusion, jaw function and orthopedics dysfunction with resultant symptoms in the head and neck.
American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Committed to the relief of craniofacial pain and dysfunction, and the advancement of research and study in this field.
American Dental Association
Kansas Dental Association
- District Delegate to the KDA
South Central Dental Society
- Past President